Thursday, August 17, 2006

Killing Spree


There is quite a lot to occupy the horror-inclined in the next week. Here are some tips on fun events:

Today:
I will be going to the Bodies Exhibit, down by the South Street Seaport. (To those of you who read my last Horror Happens entry: yes, I'm a big fat hypocrite when it comes to seeing something spooky!)

Location: The Exhibition Centre at the South Street Seaport
11 Fulton Street 2nd Fl.
New York, NY 10038
Tickets: 888-926-3437 or here
Hours: 10 am - 10 pm (last admission @ 9pm)
Show ends in December! Go while you still can!

I got this tip from the Gothamist: In the more straight forward, Belgian horror Calvaire (The Ordeal) a traveling singer ends up at a remote inn one foggy night. You may think you already know how this one ends, but the road there is paved with some major creepy.(imdb profile)
I'll probably be going Sunday. I'm not sure how long the theater is showing this movie, so go soon!

Another great film to catch soon: Lunacy (Ian Svankmajer)
I'll be writing a review on this intriguing Czek film soon; but see it ASAP regardless as it's only running until August 22nd.
Location: Film Forum (W Houston St. b/n 6th Ave & Varick)

Tomorrow:
SNAKES ON A PLANE opens!
Need I say more?


Saturday:
Citysol's Solar Powered Film Series - SOYLENT GREEN(imdb profile)
As this is one of my favorite films, I will definitely be in attendence - especially since the screening is environmentally friendly! Woohoo!
Location: Stuyvesant Cove Park (the East River between 18th and 23rd)
Time: Show starts at 9 PM
Price: FREE!

Monday:
Metropol @ Rififi - a great horror night. Drink. Listen to NYU-ewbies make bad jokes about good horror.
Location: Rififi (11th St. b/n 1st & 2nd Avenues)
Time: 10 PM
Price: FREE with one drink purchase
This week's show: "Day of the Dead" (my personal favorite in the "trilogy"... or what was a trilogy before "Land of the Dead"... poor Bub...)

1 comment:

トルーマン said...

Oh man. I am more of a spooky kid than I thought. (Lunacy? Check. Bodies? Check. Soylent Green? Pre-emptive check.) Just last night Des & I watched "The Secret Window," which I didn't realize was Stephen King. Daaaamn.

You have good recommendations. It was fun hanging out with you! :D

If you have free time this weekend, you should come over and we can make cookies and watch Over Her Dead Body, since you have not seen it and I am a show-off. >_>

~Carly